Butterscotch Spice Molten Cakes with Cream SauceFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- Pinch (1/16 teaspoon) ground cloves shopping list
- 1 cup (6 oz.) butterscotch Flavored Morsels shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- powdered sugar for dusting shopping list
- 2 scoops (1 cup) vanilla ice cream, melted shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 425º F.
- Generously butter six 6-ounce custard cups with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar onto bottom and around sides of each cup.
- Dump out any excess sugar.
- COMBINE flour, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
- MICROWAVE morsels and remaining 7 tablespoons butter in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR.
- Morsels may retain some of their original shape. I
- f necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- BEAT eggs, egg yolks, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl for about 4 minutes or until thick.
- Stir in one-third of butterscotch mixture into egg mixture.
- Stir in remaining butterscotch mixture and flour mixture until well blended.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cups.
- Place cups on rimmed baking sheet.
- BAKE for 15 to 17 minutes or until sides are set and 1-inch centers move slightly when shaken.
- Cake tops will be brown.
- Cool for 3 minutes.
- TO SERVE, run a thin knife around top edge of cakes to loosen slightly; carefully invert onto serving plates.
- Lift cups off of cakes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately with melted ice cream.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Mmmmmmmmmmm.. and molten, to boot! My thanks and my five, midge.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
All I can say is yummy!aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Yum, another winner my friend and great posts today (as usual). Keep em coming. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Party Food316 members
Ice Cream118 members
Modern Entertaining72 members
All Holidays135 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members