Bacon Chicken And DumplingsFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 3 slices bacon shopping list
- 3lg. potatoes,peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 onion,diced shopping list
- 4 skinless,boneless chicken breast halves,diced shopping list
- 3c chicken broth shopping list
- 1tsp poultry seasoning shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1(15.25oz.) can whole kernal corn,drained and rinsed shopping list
- 3c half and half shopping list
- 11/2c biscuit mix shopping list
- 1c milk shopping list
How to make it
- Place bacon in lg. deep skillet. Cook over med-high heat till evenly brown. Drain,crumble,set aside;reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
- Add potatoes,onion and chicken to drippings and cok 15 mins.,stirring occasionally Pour in chicken broth;season with poultry seasoning,salt and pepper. Stir in corn and simmer all together 15 mins.
- Pour in half and half and bring to boil; add crumbled bacon. In medium bowl,combine biscuit mix with milk and mix well(dough should be thick). Drop Tbs of dough into boiling mixture; reduce heat and simmer 10 mins. uncovered'then add another 10 mins. covered.(Note: Do not stir while simmering,or dumplings will break apart). Serve hot.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Oh yummy....this sounds fantastic, love the addition of bacon. Great post my friend and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Sounds like another winner to me!! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Sounds like a great comfort food! Love bacon and the use of biscuit mix here!juels in Clayton loved it