Black Bean Tortilla CasseroleFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 2 cups onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Red, Green or yellow pepper, chopped (I like a mixture of red and yellow) shopping list
- 14 1/2 ounces tomatoes, canned, chopped, not drained shopping list
- 3/4 cup salsa shopping list
- 4 ounces jalapenos, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 30 ounces kidney beans, black/red, drained shopping list
- 12 6 inch corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded shopping list
- 1/8 cup green onion, sliced shopping list
- 1/8 cup black olives, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skilled, combine onion, green pepper, undrained tomatoes, salsa, jalapenos, garlic and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans
- In a 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish, spread 1/3 of the bean mixture over the
- bottom of the pan.
- Top with half of the tortillas, overlapping as necessary, and half of the cheese.
- Add another 1/3 of the bean mixture, then remaining tortillas and bean mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until
- heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and let stand 10 minutes.
- Top with tomato slices, lettuce, green onion, and olives.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Serve with sour cream.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating4 people
You are super good at making recipes from your head, aren't you? This one is no exception,sparow. My thanks and my five, my friend.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Fabulous gf.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Looks super duper!pleclare in Framingham loved it