MOUNDS Coconut Easter Basket CakeFrom peetabear 8 years ago
- 1 package (about 18 oz.) white cake mix (with pudding in the mix) shopping list
- 2 cups MOUNDS sweetened coconut Flakes, divided shopping list
- vanilla frosting(recipe follows) shopping list
- JOLLY RANCHER jelly beans shopping list
- TWIZZLERS PULL 'N' PEEL Candy shopping list
- HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand milk chocolates shopping list
- coconut 'GRASS'(recipe follows) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Prepare cake batter with whole eggs as directed on package; stir in 1/2 cup coconut. Using 2 round 9-inch pans, bake and cool as directed.
- 2. Place 1 layer on serving plate, bottom side up; frost top with VANILLA FROSTING. Place second layer on top, top side up. Frost sides. Mark a 6-inch circle from center of top layer. Using fork, gently remove small amount of cake from within circle, forming an indentation to allow basket to be filled. Lightly frost edges of top.
- 3. Cut lightweight cardboard into 14 x 3/4-inch strip for handle; cover with plastic wrap. Bend and insert handle ends into top of cake about 1-inch from sides; frost. Decorate with jelly beans and single licorice strands. When frosting on sides of cake is firm, with fork, alternately press fork tines vertically and horizontally, forming basket pattern.
- 4. Place COCONUT 'GRASS' on top; decorate with HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates and assorted candies. Separate licorice into 3 strand groups; twist and place around top rim. Place jelly beans around bottom. Remove handle before serving. 8 servings.
- VANILLA FROSTING: Beat 1/3 cup softened butter in medium bowl. Add 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well. Add 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar alternately with 3 to 4 tablespoons milk; beat to spreading consistency.
- COCONUT 'GRASS': Combine 3 drops green food color with 3/4 teaspoon water; add to remaining 1-1/2 cups coconut. Stir until evenly tinted; use immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
This is a great idea and very cute. Thanks.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
Beautiful cake. I am doing this for Easter Dinner.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Might have to do this one instead of the bunny cake we've done for years...it's just too cute!
Five forks for ya...=)debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!