Easy YakitoriFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- A few chicken thighs, skinless and boneless shopping list
- Japanese leeks , or green onion as desired shopping list
- 4 Tbs soya sauce shopping list
- mirin or sake to taste shopping list
- 3 Tbs sugar shopping list
- honey or maple syrup shopping list
- Small wooden spears - soak in water 20 minutes before grilling shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together 4 tablespoons of soya sauce, 3 tablespoons of sugar, a little bit of honey or maple syrup, a little bit of mirin to taste , and heat it up until it's well blended and sugar is dissolved.
- Cut the chicken thighs into about 3x2x2cm large pieces.
- Put the chicken pieces into the already prepared sauce, and let it stand for a while- could be up to a few hours if desired, refrigerated
- Cut the leek or green onions in about 3 cm long pieces.
- Spear three or four pieces of chicken and some leek on each wooden stick.
- Grill them, or use the oven to bake at 200 degrees Celsius. to cook till done
- When grilling, turn a few times to avoid over browning
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Another winner, Midge!! Thank you dear, and HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
great tasty chicken thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I Got Hooked On Yakitori In Japan, It Is Most Delicious. Thnx For Sharing, Gonna Make For The Family Real Soon.
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
Japanese Food290 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members
Appetizers And Dips268 members
Asian Foods235 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Chicken Please145 members
Chief Jons Grill Masters56 members
Meat Glorious Meat62 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
Chicken Little166 members