Really Green Eggs and HamFrom notyourmomma 5 years ago
- 8 hard cooked eggs shopping list
- 1 smallish Florida avocado, ripened (no Haas available) shopping list
- 1 tsp of grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic run over the microplane shopping list
- 1/3 of a very small onion, run over the microplane-aiming for onion juice versus flesh shopping list
- 1/2 of a lemon juiced shopping list
- 1 tsp of seasoned salt shopping list
- 1 tsp of cumin shopping list
- pinch of white pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp of heavy cream, if necessary shopping list
- 3 strips of crisply cooked maple glazed bacon shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, very thinly sliced, seeds removed shopping list
- radicchio leaves shopping list
- siracha sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Hard cook the eggs, peel, cut in half.
- Reserve whites.
- Mash the yolks with a fork.
- Add cumin, salt, pepper.
- Add cubes of avocado.
- Add microplaned garlic clove, onion, lemon zest.
- Mash until thoroughly mixed.
- Add lemon juice and zest.
- If it seems to thick add cream. Just enough to make the yolk/avocado moundable...not watery or too thin.
- If I had a fancy piping bag, I would have piped it.
- Fill the egg whites with green egg filling.
- Top each egg half with a piece of bacon.
- Insert a tiny sliver of jalapeno.
- If desired, drizzle the stuffed egg half with a touch of siracha sauce for a bigger kick.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
Looks fantastic. I would like to try both versions.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
You've done a great job on these! Looks and sounds incredible! Love the avocado here!juels in Clayton loved it
ahhhhhh....doesnt that sound fantastic?? Next time we have the gang over I am gonna spring these on 'em! Love the combination of flavors...sounds to me like you nailed it!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it