Leg of Lamb with Lemon MarinadeFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- juice of 3 lemons shopping list
- 3 lemons thinly sliced shopping list
- 8 garlic cloves bruised shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns bruised shopping list
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds bruised shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 7 pound leg of lamb boned and butterflied shopping list
How to make it
- In shallow nonreactive bowl large enough to hold the lamb combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon slices, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, peppercorns, coriander seeds and salt.
- Stir to mix well then add the lamb and turn to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate 12-24 hours turning lamb from time to time.
- Prepare a medium hot fire in a grill.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and place on the grill rack about 8 inches above the fire.
- Grill until deeply browned on one side about 10 minutes being careful the meat does not burn.
- Turn and grill until deeply browned on the other side about 25 minutes.
- Transfer lamb to a carving board and cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest 10 minutes.
- To serve cut lamb across the grain into thin slices and arrange on a warmed platter.
- Serve immediately spooning some of the accumulated juices over each portion.