Cranberry BiscottiFrom pollymotzko 8 years ago
- 1 (15.6-oz.) pkg. Pillsbury® Cranberry Quick bread & Muffin Mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup white vanilla chips shopping list
- 2 to 5 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose or unbleached flour shopping list
- 2 to 4 tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
- *********************************************** shopping list
- SUBSTITUTIONS: I've substituted 1/2 cup of butter-Flavored Crisco in place of the butter and/or 1/2 cup of egg substitute for the 2 eggs and it still came out really well. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine quick bread mix, butter and eggs; stir 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until mix is moistened. (Dough will be sticky.) Stir in vanilla chips.
- Sprinkle work surface with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the flour. Turn dough out onto floured surface. Roll dough into ball, adding flour as necessary to prevent sticking. Divide dough in half; place on sprayed cookie sheet. Form each half into 9x3-inch loaf, placing 4 inches apart. Flatten tops slightly.
- Bake at 350°F. for 23 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool 15 minutes.
- On cutting board, cut each loaf into 3/4-inch crosswise slices. Place slices upright and 1 inch apart on same cookie sheet.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 12 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
- Enjoy and make sure and invite someone special over after you bake them and arrange them on a plate!
- This recipe came off the Pillsbury.com website and is credited to:
- Barbara Gammill
- Huntsville, AL
- Bake-Off® Contest 40, 2002
- Adapted by Paulette Le Pore Motzko, 01/09
The Cookpollymotzko Garden Grove, CA
The Rating4 people
Another yummo whammo, polly! More thanks, more fives....
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
nice post!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Looks delicious! I don't think I ever had Biscotti.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it