Judys Roasted Eggplant HummusFrom linda2230 6 years ago
- 1 medium to large eggplant or 3 small Japanese eggplants shopping list
- 1 bulb of garlic shopping list
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans shopping list
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 3 tbls freshly squeezed lemon juice (Usually 1 lemon) shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- ¼ cup olive oil for roasting the eggplant and garlic shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Cut the eggplant into about 2 inch pieces. Cut the top portion of the garlic clove so that the garlic is exposed but be careful not to cut the garlic loose just yet. Put the garlic bulb on the cookie sheet and then spread the eggplant on the sheet making sure they are all separated, and then lightly drizzle the olive oil over eggplant and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (about ½ tsp of salt and ¼ tsp of pepper), toss to make sure the eggplant and garlic bulb is coated with the salt and pepper. Place in a 450 degree F oven and roast for 25 minutes and when done let cool, approximately 15 minutes.
- In the meantime rinse the garbanzo beans in a strainer. Place the garbanzo beans, parsley and lemon juice, salt and pepper and quickly pulse just to incorporate the ingredients. Next add the roasted eggplant and squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulb (yum, yum) and turn the food processor on and stream in the olive oil until the ingredients resembles a spread. Taste the spread to adjust the seasonings if needed. After you put the spread in the serving dish, drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil over the top.
- I served this with whole wheat pita chips and my Syrian Onion bread (the recipe is posted on my food page.) I sliced the Syrian Onion bread and brushed extra virgin olive oil on the tops the chips and the bread and toasted in the oven. Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooklinda2230 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating12 people
sounds delicous great post high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love this type of dips! You've done a great job with this recipe! Thanks for contributing such wonderful recipes to the site! Added to " A taste of eggplant" group.juels in Clayton loved it
Oh yeah...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it