Spicy Cheddar DollarsFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal shopping list
- 1t hot sauce shopping list
- 1t worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1t cayenne shopping list
- 1T dry parsley flakes, or 2T fresh and finely chopped shopping list
- dash of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Mix butter with hot sauce and Worcestershire until creamy and combined.
- Add cheddar cheese, and mix completely.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, parsley and rice cereal and mix with dough hook on stand mixer, or by hand, as you do bread, until thoroughly combined.
- Roll dough into about 1 1/2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Press dough with fork tines in criss cross pattern, to flatten.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes until edges and bottoms are just starting to brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheet
- ***please note, this dough should be similar to sugar cookie dough, or even play dough...slightly tacky and thick, you'll need to roll them in your hands to get them to the ball stage...if the dough doesn't seem to fit this consistency, try adding a bit more cereal and/or refrigerate it. I don't recommend adding more flour, because they will taste too pasty, then. :) ***
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating4 people
Where was this recipe during football season?LOL! I'm making this next season for sure! Bring the heat baby!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
Another winner! These sound like an awesome snack!juels in Clayton loved it
Made these today, they are addictively good! Hubby was eating them as fast as I could get them out of the oven!jnb in Atlanta loved it