Grandmas Banana PuddingFrom selfmanic 9 years ago
- 3 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups sugar shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- 3 eggs (seperated) shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla (divided) shopping list
- 6 medium bananas shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar plus 2 tbsp shopping list
- 1 (12oz) pkg vanilla wafers shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the flour, 1 1/3 cup sugar and salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Beat the egg yolks.
- Combine the egg yolks and milk, mixing well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in one tsp vanilla.
- Layer 1/3 of vanilla wafers into a deep baking dish.
- Slice the bananas, and layer over the wafers.
- Pour 1/3 of filling over the bananas.
- Repeat twice more.
- Beat the egg whites until foaming. Gradually add the remaining sugar, 1 tsp at a time, beating until peaks form. Add 1 tsp of vanilla and beat until blended.
- Spread the meringue over the filling.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.