Ham And Bean SoupFrom keeperrox 7 years ago
- 2 large smoked ham hocks shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1- 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 bag 15 bean soup dried beans shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- water to cover shopping list
How to make it
- Score ham hocks and place in bottom of large crock pot.
- Put onion, garlic, tomatoes, beans, cayenne, and lemon on top of ham hocks.
- Cover with water.
- Set crockpot to HIGH for longest setting (mine is 6 hours).
- Once high cycle is finished, set to LOW for longest setting (mine is 10 hours).
- When finished with low cycle, remove ham hocks and check for bones that have fallen off in the soup. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Shred meat and stir back into soup.