Old Fashioned Pound CakeFrom selfmanic 9 years ago
How to make it
- Cream the butter, gradually adding the sugar, beating until the mixture in light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour and salt, stir well, add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the extracts.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 10 inch bunt pan or loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes, remove from the pan and continue to cool on a wire rack.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookselfmanic Augusta, GA
The Rating4 people
I think your right... it is old.. everything measures up to a pound... I have to make this. Pound cake is my favorite... You can make so many desserts with a good pound cake.
LIndalinebb956 in La Feria loved it
My guess is with the saltyness, is that you should use unsalted butter in the recipe. I used salted butter, but did cut back the salt to about 1 tsp. But overall, this cake was just so-so, not great, but not bad. A little dry considering all the butt...moreLivefortheKing in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!