Irish Potato SoupFrom chef_irish 7 years ago
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks shopping list
- 4 cups peeled, sliced potatoes shopping list
- 6 cups homemade chicken stock shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 20 turns freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- One half cup freshly grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4 slices crisp-cooked bacon, drained and crumbled bacon shopping list
- one half cup chopped fresh chives shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a large heavy pot over low heat.
- Add the onions and leeks and stir to cover them with butter.
- Cover the pot and cook slowly to allow the vegetables to "sweat" - about 20 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, stir them into the butter, cover the pot, and cook over low heat another 15 minutes.
- Stir in the stock, salt, and pepper. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the soup to a bubble.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the soup in batches and return it to the pot. Heat thoroughly.
- Serve garnished with Cheddar cheese, bacon and chives.
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating5 people
DEFINITELY another WINNER! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Very Very Good! Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
Sounds hearty, comforting and delicious! Thanks for the great post!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!