Old-fashioned Pumpkin GingerbreadFrom jones2888 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon orange juice shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling) shopping list
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons molasses shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sifted flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar shopping list
- whipped topping shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- Mix brown sugar, margarine, granulated sugar and orange juice in a bowl until smooth. Add egg whites, one at a time, beating until blended. Stir in pumpkin, corn syrup and molasses.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and confectioners' sugar. Gradually add to pumpkin mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool.
- Serve with whipped topping.
- PER SERVING: 226 calories; 3 g protein; 41 g carbohydrates; 1 g fiber; 6 g fat (2 g saturated); 0 cholesterol; 257 mg sodium
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
The Rating4 people
Thanks and a five, jones!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
This is something I have got to make...Sounds wonderful...Thanks..:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
I'm with wynn, this is a got to try. Sounds great!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!