Brown Chicken Miriams WayFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts** or use shopping list
- 2 frying chickens, cut up in eight pieces shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup of flour shopping list
- 2 onions cut in half moons slices fairly thin shopping list
- 2 whole lemons sliced thin shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
- 1/3 cup of sugar shopping list
- juice of two whole lemons shopping list
- 1/2 cup of butter shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon of cayenne pepper shopping list
- several sprigs of fresh thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Toss chicken in flour and place in a 13 x 9 x 2 pan.
- Arrange onion and lemon over top of the chicken slightly overlapping.
- Mix together remaining ingredients in a sauce pan (except thyme)
- Heat until butter melts and just bubbles.
- Pour over the chicken, lemon and onion, careful not to disturb the onion and lemon.
- Scatter the thyme over the chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400.
- Baste occasionally.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and cook another 20 minutes-**if using chicken breasts and about 45 minutes to an hour using 2 cut up fryers on the bone*
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!