Plum Chocolate Cupcakes With Chocolate Ganache And Walnut FrostingFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- CUPCAKES: shopping list
- 8 ounce bar 61% cacao chocolate shopping list
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 8 eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/2 pound dried plums (preferable unsulphured) OR apricots shopping list
- Bottle of good cognac OR armagnac shopping list
- GANACHE with WALNUTS: shopping list
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- Shelled walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the plums OR apricots and place in non-reactive bowl.
- Cover fruit with liquor and let plump overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F..
- Melt chocolate and butter over a water bath.
- Add sugar and stir; let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing for 30 seconds between each addition.
- Sift in dry ingredients.
- Mix until just blended.
- Drain the fruit and lightly pat them dry.
- Fold into batter.
- Scoop into cupcake papers.
- Bake for 20 to 24 minutes OR until toothpick comes out clean.
- Chop chocolates and transfer to a heat proof bowl.
- Heat cream in a saucepan until bubbles form around edge of pan.
- Pour cream over chocolate.
- Let sit for 1 minutes and then stir until combined.
- Add butter and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Transfer to bowl of electric mixer and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Sift powdered sugar in and mix until combined.
- Continue to beat until creamy and light in color.
- Spread OR pipe ganache onto cupcakes.
- Top with walnuts.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating5 people
These look lovely and nice sounding ingredients Lorraine you got my vote 5 forks...Maryanneaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Sounds so good, Lorraine! High FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Great post and a very high 5 Lorraine.chefmeow in Garland loved it