HoneycombFrom aussie_meat_pie 5 years ago
How to make it
- Place sugar, golden syrup, honey and water in a heavy based pan, with high sides.
- Stir well using a wooden spoon.
- Heat on low until sugar has dissolved, stirring all the time.
- Turn heat up until mixture boils at 132 d C.
- Keep the mixture at this exact temperature for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool until bubbles disappear.
- Quickly beat bicarbonate of soda into mixture using a wooden spoon.
- Pour mixture into a lined or greased baking dish. Lined is easier to remove when cooled.
- Allow to cool and place in a non fluffy cloth and gently break into pieces with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser.
- RECIPE NOTES: The final steps need to be done very quickly. Also you will notice while making this the volume increases rapidly.
The Cookaussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
The Rating4 people
Greatness. Love the looks and sounds of this one. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Really close to a brittle, isn't it? Love this one too, Maryanne. ^5
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
High 5. Both unique and a great easy recipe.karlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it