Easy Baked EggplantFrom albys1 6 years ago
- 2 medium sized eggplants shopping list
- 2 -4 large cloves garlic (depends on how Garlicky you like it) sliced into thin slices. shopping list
- 1 slice pecorino romano cheese shopping list
- 2 Large plum tomatoes-sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- olive oil, about 4 tablespoons shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 3/4 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- cut washed eggplants in half lengthwise
- cut 6 slits deep into the eggplants crossways, but be careful to not cut all the way through.
- In each slit, alternate and insert Tomatoe slices, cheese and garlic and parsley. Mix it up or even put in all 4 ingredients.
- Drizzle with a little Olive oil.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes
- mix together topping ingredients and sprinkle over eggplant halves
- bake until topping is golden brown.
The Cookalbys1 Broomall, Pennsylvania
The Rating6 people
This looks very good!pleclare in Framingham loved it
THIS IS A GREAT RECIPE - I USUALLY JUST BREAD AND FRY EGGPLANT - THIS SOUNDS EASIER AND A BIT MORE HEALTHY!
CAROLleebear in Brookpark loved it
I make a similar recipe, I also insert ham and pepper slices between my eggplants. I've always known it as a Russian recipe! We used to make it all the time over there! I know this is delicious! Added to the "Taste of eggplant" group.juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!