Home made Crescent RollsFrom sunflower48386 6 years ago
How to make it
- Place the yeast & water in a large bowl & let sit until dissolved.
- Beat in the shortening, sugar,eggs,salt,and 2 c. of the flour until very smooth.
- Mix in another 2 c. flour until the dough is smooth, adding up to a 1/2 c. more until the dough holds together and is smooth and not incredibly sticky.
- Knead on a smooth surface 10 - 15 times or until elastic.
- Cover and place in a warm spot. Let rise for 1 and 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and divide in half.
- Carefully roll out first half into 12 inch circle.
- Spread with 2 T. butter..
- Cut into 12 wedges and then roll up starting with the wide end.
- Place the rolls , point side down, on a greased baking sheet.
- Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- Cover and let rise for an hour in a warm location.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 - 13 minutes or until golden brown.
The Cooksunflower48386 White Lake, MI
The Rating7 people
YOU GO , Girl!!!!! 5! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
I love that picture! It's making me want some so bad! Looks truly homemade and sounds delicious!juels in Clayton loved it
I never thought of making home made, what a great Idea! Thanks....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!