German Nut CakeFrom grumpybaker 4 years ago
- 1/2 lb margarine shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups flour (unsifted) shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries - drained well & cut in half. shopping list
- 2 cups walnut halves or pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix at medium speed the first five ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder & salt together then add these dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients.
- Mix at med/low speed about three minutes or long enough to blend together well.
- Remove the mixer bowl and by hand stir in the cherries and nuts.
- Use a greased bundt pan that has been sprinkled evenly with approx. 3 Tbsp. sugar & 1 tsp. cinnamon mixture.
- Pour the cake mix in to the bundt pan right after preparing it for best results.
- Bake for 1 hr +15-20 min. (toothpick test)
- Cool cake completely and dust with powdered sugar.
The Cookgrumpybaker Jacksonville, OR
The Rating7 people
This sounds yummy. Great post!pleclare in Framingham loved it
This is a very good cake, made one the other day then had to make one for my neighbor as they had a fit over it. Only thing different I did was drop the vanilla an use almond flavoring instead. 5 forks to yahenrie in Savannah loved it
love the cherries and nuts in the cake .. ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it