Date and Nut BreadFrom borinda 5 years ago
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 box chopped dates shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted shopping list
- 3/4 cup boiling water shopping list
- 2 large eggs at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup flour, sifted shopping list
- whipped cream cheese for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and generously dust with either dried unflavored breadcrumbs or flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine the nuts, chopped dates, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and boiling water and after a light stir let this sit fifteen minutes.
- Stir to blend the mixture.
- Beat the eggs with a fork and add the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the sugar and sifted flour to this.
- Gently fold this into the date mixture - do not overmix.
- Turn the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake one hour.
- After testing for doneness let the pan rest on a rack a few minutes before turning out the loaf to finish cooling.
- Slice and arrange on a plate and serve with whipped cream cheese.
- This bread freezes wonderfully.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating4 people
So happy to say I have all the ingredients...The kind of health food I love...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Sounds scrumptious! Love the combo of ingredients here, this one has to be good!juels in Clayton loved it
love this recipe great post high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!