Philly Cheesesteak Spring RollFrom minitindel 7 years ago
- Dipping Sauce........ shopping list
- 1/2 - cup ketchup shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 - tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1/3 - teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- ************************************* shopping list
- Spring rolls........... shopping list
- 4- tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 - pounds top loin beef, trimmed, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 -pound -American cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (or use Cheddar) shopping list
- 1/4 - pound provolone cheese, cut iinto 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 8 -(9 1/2 inch) spring roll wrappers shopping list
- 6 - egg yolks, beaten slightly shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- onions caramelized ........optional ....i added this myself with the beef i love it with the onions..... the recipe didnt call for it but i put it in ....... so do what you want too .......... shopping list
How to make it
- Dipping Sauce:.
- Combine the ketchup, mustard, honey, and cayenne in a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Spring rolls:.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add the chopped beef and cook until no longer pink, stirring 5-7 minutes.
- Strain beef, discarding liquid, and return to skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and stir in cheeses.
- Cook until cheeses melt, 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place 1 wrapper on a clean work surface, keeping the other wrappers covered with plastic wrap.
- Brush the entire surface of wrapper with egg yolk.
- Form 1/4 of the beef mixture into an 8" log along one edge of the wrapper.
- Roll up the wrapper, leaving ends open.
- Place a second wrapper on the work surface with a corner facing you, brush the corners with egg yolk, and lay the first roll across the bottom corner of the second wrapper.
- Roll up wrapper, tightly folding the ends over halfway through.
- Press down slightly to seal and set aside. Repeat the process with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Pour vegetable oil into a heavy medium pan to a depth of 2" and heat over medium heat until the temperature shows 350 degrees on a candy thermometer(You don't have to have a thermometer, just make sure the oil is hot, but not smoking).
- Fry spring rolls in 2 batches, turning over halfway through, until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Cut into thirds on the bias and serve with sauce.
- Good with pickles on the side. Enjoy!
- Serves 4
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating10 people
what better than spring rolls in springtime...very nice mini...puddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
When we go to Dave and Buster's in St. Louis, Philly Steak egg rolls are a must have. Not sure how much the recipe is the same but I have been looking for one. So glad you posted. :)mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it
I like to think of myself as a creative person in the kitchen. Yet every day I am humbled by recipes like this one. Thank you so much for sharing. FIVE!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!