Cherry Bread PuddingFrom coffeebean53 9 years ago
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 8 slices day-old French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 cups) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dried.cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6-cup (9 1/4 by 5 1/4 by 2 3/4-inch) loaf pan with butter. Whisk the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl until very smooth. Add the half-and-half and mix well. Add the bread and dried cherries, and let the mixture sit for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Bake until the pudding is set in the center, about 55 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. To serve, cut the pudding into 1-inch thick slices. Lay each slice in the center of each serving plate. Serve with whipped cream or maple syrup.
- I didn't include the 2 hrs the mixture sits into the prep time.
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating2 people
Just shoot me now. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!organicmama in loved it
I had used whole wheat bread on this recipe and yes this is a very good bread pudding for sure but both DH and I found that the cherries over powdered the recipe in places for sure. Yes I will be making again however will use either 1 ...moreNadineM in Mississauga loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!