Bunuelos- Cinnamon Sugar DonutsFrom karlyn255 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup masa harina shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil or butter shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar for topping shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon for topping shopping list
- 1 cup oil (approx.) for frying shopping list
How to make it
- For the topping, combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Seperately, cream the sugar and oil or butter until smooth.
- Add in the egg, milk and the masa harina.
- Gradually add in the flour until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into meatball sized balls, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- You can leave them round, or flatten them into cakes.
- Heat oil in a medium pan until hot.
- Fry dough balls or cakes 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel covered plate.
- Using tongs, place each piece in sugar mixture and shake until well coated, turning piece over if necessary.
- Serve warm.