Italian Easter Sweet PieFrom meals4abby 6 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 pound cold, unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/8 cup milk shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese, drained shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 10 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- For the Crust:
- Cut butter into dry ingredients. Add eggs, vanilla and milk. Blend well. Turn out on floured surface and knead 1-2 minutes. (The dough should be very cold before rolling out, so you may want to wrap in plastic and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.)
- Cut dough in half and roll out. Makes 2-9" pies. Use extra dough to create a lattice top.
- In a mixer, cream ricotta. Next add salt, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Pour into pie crusts and place lattice work on top. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
The Cookmeals4abby Valders, WI
The Rating6 people
Happy Easter :)aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
awsome recipe thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is a great recipe, abby! I make one very similar which also includes rice. My thanks and my five, my friend.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!