Eat Mo Bettah JambalayaFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter shopping list
- ½ lb. Andouille sausage, medium dice shopping list
- ½ lb. chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2 inch peices shopping list
- 1 cup celery, medium dice shopping list
- 1 cup onion, medium dice shopping list
- 1 cup Green and red bell pepper, medium dice shopping list
- 1 TBSP garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. sea salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. white pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 2 Turkish bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, minced shopping list
- 1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes, liquid reserved shopping list
- Homemade Chicken Stock- combined with reserved tomato liquid to make 2 1/2 cups shopping list
- 1 ½ cup long grain rice shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine seasonings; reserve. Heat large non-stick saute pan slowly. Add 1 tbsp butter; melt.
- Turn heat to high; add Sausage. Stir frequently until brown. Remove to baking dish. In same pan, Add chicken; cook for 5 minutes. Stir often scraping pan bottom as needed. Remove chicken with slotted spoon to baking pan with sausage.
- To same pan add the remaining 1 tbsp butter, celery, onion, and green peppers and saute briefly. Add garlic and spices. Stir constantly until vegetables are clear, for 6-8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chicken, and sausage. Stir in tomato juice and chicken stock and rice. Bring to a simmer. Check salt level. Transfer to baking pan, cover with tightly with foil and place pan in oven.
- Bake for 45min to 1 hour. Check to make sure rice is cooked through. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with sweet crusty french bread and cold beer (or wine, if you're super fancy) ;-)
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating5 people
Great recipe. Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
Lovely, Luisa! We've taken to not using shrimp in our jambalaya also; however, we use Italian hot sausage and chicken. This is a delightful dish. My thanks and my five, my friend.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
MY kind of meal Louisa mmm,mmm good healthy and beautiful!!
I always loved a good healthy version of this like you have posted here.
The heat(hot pepper) is perfect so anyone can enjoy it!
Five forks and a big happy smile :)
P.S.Y...moretrigger in loved it