Brioche DoughnutsFrom karlyn255 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup and 2 1/2 teaspoons whole milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried yeast shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 5 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 ounce clover honey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 pound butter, softened and divided shopping list
- canola oil for frying shopping list
- 10 ounces chocolate (64% cocoa) shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Begin by heating milk to about 90 degrees.
- Remove from heat and stir in yeast with a fork.
- Let mixture sit until it gets creamy and foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in one egg and one egg yolk with a fork.
- Add one cup of flour and mix with a wooden spoon until a dough forms.
- Pour 3/4 cup flour over the top of mixture (don't mix it in), cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place for 1 hour or until it has doubled in volume.
- Make dough with a bowl in a stand mixer.
- Combine the starter ingredients, along with 5 eggs, sugar, 4 cups flour, and honey.
- Fit mixer with dough hook.
- Mix on low speed.
- Add salt.
- Mix until dough comes together, pulls away cleanly from the sides of the bowl and forms a ball.
- Add softened butter one tablespoon at a time.
- When all butter is added, you should have soft, smooth, shiny dough.
- Place it in greased bowl, cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- In morning, let the dough sit in warm place for 3 hours.
- It should come to room temperature and have risen slightly.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough approximately a half-inch thick.
- Cut doughnuts with a cookie cutter.
- Cut hole in middle of each doughnut using a smaller cookie cutter and set aside to rise in a warm, draft-free space until they've risen and are slightly puffy (about 30 minutes).
- While doughnuts are rising, make ganache.
- Roughly chop chocolate and place in medium mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- In small sauce pan, bring heavy cream to boil.
- Pour over the chopped chocolate, coating entirely.
- Let sit one minute, then whisk cream and chocolate together to form a smooth, shiny ganache.
- Attach a deep-fry thermometer to heavy pot and heat about 3 inches of canola frying oil to 350F degrees.
- Fry doughnuts 2 or 3 at a time, about one minute per side until golden brown.
- Remove from oil, drain on paper towels and toss in granulated sugar to coat while still warm.
- Serve warm with small bowl of chocolate ganache for dipping.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating7 people
very lovely, great post!midgelet in Eastern loved it
wow... wow... this is a MUST try for me! :-)luisascatering in San Carlos loved it
Where were your donuts this morning ;)efitobx in Norfolk loved it