Easy Key Lime CakeFrom annieamie 4 years ago
- 1 box of lemon cake mix shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 4 TB keylime juice (or lemon juice or regular lime juice) shopping list
- icing Ingredients shopping list
- 2 cups of powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup of keylime juice shopping list
- Optional: 2 TB Keylime zest (grated rind) shopping list
How to make it
- *I make mine in a 13x9 inch pan covered in Reynold's Non-Stick Aluminum. You can use a bundt or angelfood pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs, oil and the water until well-blended.
- Add 4 TB of juice
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees until cake is golden brown and firm.
- Remove cake from oven and cool.
- Mix the powdered sugar with the lime or lemon juice until it is smooth and pourable. (You can add your zest at this time.)
- Poke holes over the cake and pour the icing over and let the icing set for a good hour or serve! (I let the cake sit on my countertop for a few hours before serving as its great at room temperature.)
- This is a really nicely glazed cake and just wonderful for any spring or summertime events. It also makes great cupcakes whic hare perfect for Mother's Day brunches.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- rajuncajun421 Nowhere, Us
- inancook Hollis Center, ME
- cinnamongal Mequon, WI
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- gapeach55 Covington, GA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- juels Clayton, NC
- vinavorasane Manila, PH
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating8 people
This does sound super easy and divine! Come over to my house when you are done baking with a slice of this! I'll make some coffee!juels in Clayton loved it
wow great cake gotta try this soon thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds delish! I love Keylime.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
Kid Friendly Recipes207 members
Newbie Foodies97 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Pot Luck Entertaining101 members
Lemon Lovers165 members
Easter Favorites26 members
A Tea Party71 members
Feeding A Crowd38 members
Cakes Of Any Type141 members
My Passion Is Baking62 members