Black Bean Chili With Spicy SalsaFrom mommyluvs2cook 6 years ago
- Chili: shopping list
- 1 lb. dried black beans soaked over night shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 4 serrano chillies, finely chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Spicy Salsa: shopping list
- 4 medium tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 medium cucumber shopping list
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1 med. red onion shopping list
- 2 serrano chilies shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- juice of 2 limes shopping list
How to make it
- Put beans in pot and add water until the level is about 2 inches above the beans. Add onion, garlic, and chilies. Turn heat on high and skim the foam off the top as the beans heat up. When they come to a boil, turn heat to low and simmer until tender, about an 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Add water as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients and set aside for flavors to meld at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with a large spoonful of the salsa...yum!
The Cookmommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
The Rating4 people
Both the chilli and the salsa here look and sound fantastic! Love the seasonings here, and love the picture!juels in Clayton loved it
I love the way you have the addition of salsa as a separate item of this wonderful recipe.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it