Grandma Haleys Ginger CookiesFrom indicatorsrule1 5 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons molasses shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In mixer bowl, cream sugar with shortening and butter
- While that is working, sift together all dry ingredients: flour, ginger, cinnamon, soda, baking powder.
- After butter, shortening and sugar are creamed, add one egg at a time and beat well. Then beat in the molasses and vanilla.
- Slowly tap in the dry ingredients while mixer is on slow. This makes a soft dough.
- Place dough in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Take enough dough and roll it round in your hand. I make them about 1 to 1 1/2 inch diameter balls. Then roll them in the cinnamon sugar (about 1/2 cup sugar with a level teaspoonful of cinnamon).
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool on racks.