Chocolate Velvet Cream PieFrom karlyn255 5 years ago
- for the base: shopping list
- 250g (9 oz) packet dark chocolate digestive biscuits (graham crackers in North America). shopping list
- 75g (3 oz) butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- Ingredients for the filling: shopping list
- 225g (8 oz or 2 US sticks) cream cheese shopping list
- 175g (6 oz or one cup scant) caster (fine granulated) sugar shopping list
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla essence shopping list
- 175g (6 oz) dark chocolate, melted shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 300 ml (8 fluid ounces or one US cup) double cream shopping list
- 1 large egg white shopping list
How to make it
- To make the base, crush the biscuit to crumbs in a blender or food
- processor, or in a polythene bag with a rolling pin.
- Mix together the biscuit crumbs and the cooled melted butter, and press round the base and sides of a 20-22.5cm (8-9inch) flan dish. Bake in the oven pre-heated to 180'c (350'f/gas mark 4) for 15 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool.
- To make the filling, beat together the cream cheese and 100g (4 oz) of the caster sugar.
- Beat in the vanilla essence and the melted chocolate, and the
- egg yolk, one by one.
- Fold in the cream, whipped until it just holds its shape.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff, then, still whisking, add
- the remaining caster sugar a spoonful at a time.
- Fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture in to the cooled baked pie crust.
- Chill in the fridge for several hours until set.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating7 people
A wonderful sounding recipe.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
LOVE chocolate pie! Great recipe.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
love chocolate..high fivepuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it