Choriz-oooh Cheesy Potato SoupFrom adzell 5 years ago
- 1 19 oz package uncooked chorizo sausages shopping list
- 8 red skin potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, diced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp chili powder (optional) shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 4 cups processed American cheese, cubed shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese blend shopping list
- 4 tbs butter/margarine shopping list
- 5 tbs chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Squeeze chorizo from casings into a large saucepan and cook over medium high heat until browned. Once chorizo is cooked through remove from saucepan & set it to the side.
- In the same saucepan combine the potatoes, water, onion powder, garlic, jalapeno, white pepper, salt & ground black pepper. Cover & let boil 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes in liquid until there is a smooth consistency, yet with a good amount of chunks left.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except for the cilantro) & stir until cheese & butter have melted & soup is heated through.
- Right before serving top soup with cilantro (to taste).
People Who Like This Dish 10
- aussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- cheezeemomma London, CA
- noola Peterborough, Canada
- karlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
- puddlewonderful Beverly Hills Adjacent, CA
- sparow64 Sweetwater, TN
- mrswilliams Ventura, CA
- ezpzea Ulm, DE
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookadzell Ann Arbor, MI
The Rating10 people
LOVE IT MADLYpuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
great recipe will be tryiong this onekarlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
OMG! This May Now Be My Favorite Potato Soup. I Love Chorizo In 'bout Everything. And All That Cheese, This Has To Be Incredible!
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it