Artichokes and Plum tomatoes with PenneFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 12-oz. oil marinated artichoke hearts shopping list
- 1 cup chopped oinions shopping list
- 1 TBSP. finely minced garlic shopping list
- 2 (28-oz.) cans plum tomatoes, crushed shopping list
- 2 TBSP. tomato paste shopping list
- 1 teasp. dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 teasp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1/8 teasp. red-pepper flakes or to taste shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 TBSP.chopped fresh flat leaf parsley shopping list
- cooked penne pasta...12-oz shopping list
- ++++++ shopping list
- use the oil from the artichokes for the extra flavor shopping list
How to make it
- drain the artichokes, reserving the oil, and halve them lengthwise
- place 3 TBSP. of the artichoke oil marinade in a heavy pot.
- add the onions and stir over low heat for 10 minutes
- adding the garlic during the last 2 minutes... be careful not to burn the garlic
- stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and the red pepper flakes
- season with salt and pepper
- simmer for 45 minutes uncovered
- add the artichoke hearts with the remaining oil marinade and stir while simmering for 20 minutes
- stir in the parsley and adjust the seasoning
- serve in shallow bowls over cook penne...
- sprinkle with your favorite fresh grated cheese...
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating8 people
I'm going to try this without the oil - can't eat it, so I'll swap water pack or fresh. I bet it would be awesome over rice too!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
Artichokes, tomatoes & pasta. Oh, my! Sign me up! :)californiacook in loved it
Delish! 5 forks from me.
Saved and flagged.victoriaregina in USA loved it