Tomato And Mozzarella Melts With Fresh BasilFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- 6 slices sourdough sandwich bread shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 15 fresh basil leaves (leave whole, or cut "chiffonade" style) shopping list
- 2 firm-ripe tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick shopping list
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil.
- Place three slices, oil side down, on a 10 x 15-inch baking sheet and layer evenly with basil leaves, tomato slices and mozzarella slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining bread slices, oil side up.
- Broil sandwiches 6 inches from heat, turning once, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes total.
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating6 people
yumpuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
My kinda sandwich..:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
These are great! I call them Caprese sandwiches. Sometimes I use ciabatta, and press toasted pine nuts into the slices of mozzarella. Thanks a bunch too, for your ratings & comments. Much appreciated.californiacook in loved it