Bears Chile RellenosFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 3 cups smoked turkey or ham, ground shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups colby, jack or mozzarella, grated shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning shopping list
- 12 green chilies, roasted and peeled shopping list
How to make it
- Mix turkey (or ham), cheese, and onion. Add salt, pepper, and garlic, to taste, and set mixture aside.
- Mix eggs and milk together. Beat well and set aside.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, fajita seasoning, and 1 teaspoon of salt together. Set aside.
- Slit the chilies down the side just enough to remove the seeds and stuff with meat mixture. Roll chilies in plain flour. Next, dip chilies in egg and milk mixture then roll the chilies in cornmeal and flour mixture. Repeat dipping chilies in milk and egg mixture, and then roll again in cornmeal and flour mixture. Fry chilies in oil over medium heat in pan on stovetop until golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating3 people
I LOVE THESE GUYS THANKS GRIZZminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This sounds great... will have to dig my recipe out and we can compare... I like the addition of the cornmeal... mine does not have that... Will give these a spin real soon.. I love rellenos!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
These are great... so tasty... BUT it accounts for acouple of the pounds I have gained...
Lindalinebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!