Gnocchi with Cider and Sage Butter SauceFrom whonel 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple cider (or apple juice plus 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 10 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1-pound package gnocchi pasta shopping list
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted pine nuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Directions:Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the cider, salt, pepper and half of the sage and return to a simmer. Do not boil. Simmer until the liquid has reduced by about half, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the gnocchi according to package directions, being sure to drain them as soon as they float to the top. Transfer the gnocchi to a large serving bowl.
- Strain the butter-cider reduction through mesh strainer. Pour the butter reduction over the gnocchi and toss lightly. Top the gnocchi with pine nuts, Parmesan shavings and reserved sage.
- NOTE: brown the reserved sage in a little butter before topping the gnocchi with it. This mellows the flavor.