Home made naan breadFrom zoetheunicorn 4 years ago
- 200 mL milk (warmed to body temperature) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp dry yeast shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 cups wholemeal flour shopping list
- 2 cups white flour (you could use all white or all wholemeal if you want) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar, extra shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 Tbsp oil shopping list
- 4 Tbsp natural yoghurt shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl combine milk, yeast and 1 tsp sugar. let stand 10 minutes until frothy.
- In a big bowl, combine the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the oil and yoghurt, then the yeast mixture.
- Mix well (you'll have to use your hands) until it comes together and makes a non-sticky dough. (you might have to add a teeeeny bit of water)
- Knead for about 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, toss to coat, cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm spot to rise for about an hour. Until it doubles in size.
- Punch down the dough, knead again for a bit, then divide into 8 portions.
- Preheat your grill/broiler
- Use your palm to flatten each of the portions into oval shapes about oh...5 mm thick?
- Place on a lined baking tray and cook under the griller for 2-3 minutes each side. Until they've got prown patches... you know. WATCH THEM CAREFULLY cause they'll puff up and you dont want them touching the flame cause you'll get burnt spots.
- Also, they brown fairly quickly so keep a good eye on them.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve with whatever.
- these are awesome okay?
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookzoetheunicorn Hastings, AU
The Rating5 people
Great Naan recipe! 5!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
Oh i have to try this out ...Never made home made Naan. Turtleturtle66 in Sacramento loved it
This sounds like the perfect naan recipe! Thanks for the post :Dshandalulu in West Valley City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!