My Favorite Baked EggplantFrom valinkenmore 5 years ago
- 1 lb. eggplant, peeled shopping list
- 1/2 lb. dried bread crumbs shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 2 teas. salt shopping list
- 1/2 teas. pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teas. sage shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cut peeled eggplant into 1” cubes and soak in salted water in refrigerator overnight. (No less than 6 hours.) Drain eggplant and place in pan. Cover with water and simmer until tender. Drain eggplant and set aside. Soak bread crumbs in milk and set aside. Sauté onions, celery and green pepper in melted butter asbout 15 minutes or until very tender.
- Combine cooked eggplant, soaked bread crumbs and sauteed vegetables and seasonings and blend thoroughly. Place in greased casserole dish and bake at 350º for 45 minutes. Top with shredded cheese and return to oven until cheese melts.
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating5 people
Yep, it's the best!! I sure do miss Wyatt's...=(
Very fond memories...thanks for a great post!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
This sounds incredible. You have posted some fantastic recipes today my friend. Keep them coming. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
this will be added to my eggplant file for sure...
five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it