Pecan Apple CrispFrom valinkenmore 6 years ago
- 6 large firm baking apples, peeled, cored, quartered and sliced 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- Dash of ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cups pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- Garnish: (optional) shopping list
- whipped cream (with a little bit of vanilla-sugar mixed in) OR vanilla ice cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a deep 2-quart or a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Place the sliced apples in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the lemon juice. Toss well.
- Blend flour, both sugars, cinnamon, and a dash of nutmeg in a food processor until combined well. Add butter and blend until mixture forms large clumps. Transfer to a bowl and work in pecans with your fingertips.
- Pour sliced apples into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture over apples. Bake for 30 minutes, or until apples are tender and the topping is browned. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating4 people
This sounds delicious! Love the addition of the pecans. High 5maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
Val, This sounds so simple yet I bet taste like the bomb. I am going to try this very soon~ Hats off to ya sis~ibegabby in live Oak loved it
Going to try this recipe because I love nut and apples.
Going to make it with Splenda. Will let you know how it turns out.
Five Forks Recipe.
Kind Regards.lazydazylady in Buffalo Grove loved it