Quinoa Pilaf With Arugula And Sun-dried TomatoesFrom staceyfish 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup (6 oz) quinoa, well rinsed shopping list
- 2 1/4 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 cups arugula (rocket), stemmed and chopped shopping list
- 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded or chopped into matchsticks shopping list
- About 8 sun-dried tomatoes halves, julienned (if using dried, soak in water to reconstitute, if using oil-packed, rinse well) shopping list
- Zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a small skillet, toast the quinoa over medium heat until fragrant and slightly browned.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and quinoa and cook for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Do no let the garlic brown.
- Add the stock about 1/2 cup at a time, letting the grains absorb the liquid before adding more (risotto-style). Just after you add the last bit of liquid, stir in the arugula, carrot, and sun-dried tomatoes and simmer until the liquid is completely absorbed and the grains have turned translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon zest and cheese and season with the salt and pepper. Serve immediately.