Smoky Sweet Potato MashFrom chefcarolyn 9 years ago
How to make it
- Boil (salted water) or roast the sweet potatoes (400 F tossed in a little oil) until tender (usually about 20 minutes for boiling, 30 for roasting).
- Place in a mixer with the potato, 2-3 T butter, and about 3-4 T cream. Cream the mixture. Add more cream and butter to reach the desired consistency. Season to taste with Salt and White pepper.
- Alternative: Try adding 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves.
- I've served this to accompany pan crisped duck breast confit with blackberry sauce and mushroom infused wild rice.
The Cookchefcarolyn Oklahoma City, OK
The Rating2 people
A smoked potato would be one that has been cooked in a smoker (usually obtained from a bbq place). I suppose if you can't find one you could use a regular baked potato with a few drops of liquid smoke.chefcarolyn in Oklahoma City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!