Unstuffed Beef CabbageFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons uncooked rice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onions divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 28 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes shopping list
- 6 ounces tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 cup vinegar shopping list
- 6 ginger snaps crumbled shopping list
- 1 medium head cabbage shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl combine beef, water, eggs, rice, 2 teaspoon dried minced onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly with hands and form into golf ball size balls then set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, tomato paste and remaining dried onions, vinegar and brown sugar.
- Cut tomatoes into chunks and stir until well mixed then add ginger snaps and stir then set aside.
- Core cabbage and shred then place half of the cabbage on bottom of shallow casserole with lid.
- Cover cabbage with half the tomato mixture then bake 30 minutes at 350.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
i'm back. had a bug on my computer. had to get a new computerkarlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
LOVE THE SURPRISE OF THE GINGER SNAPS!!!!
BIG FIVE FORKS!!!!leebear in Brookpark loved it
I agree with Valinkenmore, I'd like to know what to do with the meatballs... . Other than that, the recipe sounds unique and delicious, and I love the addition of ginger snaps!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!