Cheese CroquettesFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 3 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup of flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup of milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of Worchestershire shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- generous pinch of dry mustard shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup of milk shopping list
- corn flake crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter and add flour.
- Gradually add milk, blending well.
- Add egg yolks, cheese, Worchestershire sauce, salt, pepper and dry mustard.
- Cook over low heat until the cheese has melted.
- Pour into a pyrex dish and chill overnight.
- Shape into croquettes (long oval or cylinder) or cut into squares.
- Beat the other egg and milk together.
- Dip croquettes into egg milk mixture.
- Dredge in the corn flake crumbs.
- Fry in deep fat until nicely brown.
- Serve warm.
- Daughter likes them dipped in honey mustard sauce as an appetizer.