Spicy Orange Chicken Stir-FryFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice or long-grain white rice (10 to 11 ounces) shopping list
- 3/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced shopping list
- Large pinch of dried crushed red pepper or to taste shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips shopping list
- 1 8-ounce package stringless sugar snap peas shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice according to package directions. Cover to keep warm; set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk juice, soy sauce, and cornstarch in medium bowl until cornstarch dissolves. Mix in orange peel.
- Heat oil in large wok or nonstick skillet over high heat. Add onion and crushed red pepper. Stir-fry 30 seconds. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add to wok and stir-fry until onion is crisp-tender and chicken is just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and juice mixture. Toss until sauce thickens and comes to boil and peas are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with rice.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
Sounds yummy. Love orange chicken!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Easy, spicy, yummy - what more could you ask for. Thanks for the post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Yum, this sounds and looks fabulous. Can't wait to try this delight. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!