Grandma Ballards Banana Nut SaladFrom pleasantvalleycabins 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 heaping tbls flour shopping list
- juice of one lemon (1-2 T. of lemon juice is fine) shopping list
- 1 T. butter shopping list
- 10-12 bananas shopping list
- 1 cup crushed cocktail peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- Put the water on to boil.
- In medium bowl, beat one egg w/salt.
- Add 1 cup sugar.
- Pour into medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add 2 heaping tbls flour and stir to combine well.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Add 1-1/2 cups boiling water and cook until thickened like thin pudding.
- Add the butter. Stir well.
- Chill until cooled.
- Slice the bananas and mix with the pudding.
- Place in serving bowl and top with crushed peanuts.
The Cookpleasantvalleycabins Logan, US
The Rating6 people
thanks foa great post!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Sounds different and yummy! Thanks for sharing!juels in Clayton loved it
Bananas are some of my fave fruit, cannot wait to try this out! THANK YOU for sharing...looks wonderful!adzell in Ann Arbor loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!