Raspberry Cream Cheese StrudelFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 4 ounces raspberry preserves shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- Streusel Topping: shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup 10x powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 2 ounces cold butter, cut into cubes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Place frozen sheet of puff pastry on parchment-lined sheet pan. Spread cream cheese down middle third of puff pastry sheet. Spread raspberry preserves over the top of the cream cheese. Make 6 diagonal slices on each of the outer 1/3 sides of puff pastry (on each side of the filling). Braid one slice over the other, pinching together last braid. Lightly whip one egg and, using pastry brush, egg wash entire strudel.
- Combine all topping ingredients in a food processor just until blended and still powdery. Top strudel with generous portion of streusel topping. Bake in 400-degree oven until browned and preserves are starting to bubble out.