Pork Chops With Mushroom Pan GravyFrom chefwannabeone 4 years ago
- 4 (3/4" thick) center cut pork chops shopping list
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/8" then slice in half the slices shopping list
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced 1/4" shopping list
- 3 tbs all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups half and half shopping list
- cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- In a 10" skillet cook bacon and separated onions over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned (8 to 10 min).
- Push to one side bacon and onion and add all 4 pork chops placing onion and bacon mixture on top. Brown pork chops on one side then
- push aside mixture and turn pork chops and brown on the other side and place bacon onion mixture back on top.
- Add mushrooms on top of bacon onion mixture and cover. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 30 minutes turning pork chops once after 15 minutes.
- After 30 minutes check to see if pork chops are tender.
- Turn off heat and remove pork chops to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- To skillet add 3 tbs. flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper and 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves to bacon onion mixture and mix until all juices has been absorbed.
- Pour in 2 cups of half and half. Mix until all is combined.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened.
- Serve gravy over rice and pork chops
The Cookchefwannabeone Prospect Hts, IL
The Rating4 people
These do sound great. I also will be trying these soon. Great post and 5 forks.chefmeow in Garland loved it
yummy... ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Yes, these sound great - thanks for the post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it