Potato soupFrom pamelanava 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds of white potatoes, diced shopping list
- 7 1/2 cups of hot chicken broth or stock shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- milk (opt) shopping list
- chives (opt) shopping list
- Shredded cheddar cheese (opt) shopping list
- Dollop sour cream (opt) shopping list
- hot pepper sauce (opt) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt margarine in large pot over medium heat
- Add onions, turning to coat.
- Cover and let sweat 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, stir to mix
- Cover and sweat another 1-2 minutes
- Add potatoes and mix with onion mixture
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cover and cook (without allowing too much color to potatoes) over gentle heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add hot stock
- Bring to a boil and simmer 25 minutes until veggies are tender
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
- Puree the soup in batches in blender
- Reheat soup in pot, over low heat, to adjust seasonings.
- Add milk and additional garnishes and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookpamelanava Prosper, TX
The Rating4 people
Yum, I love potato soup. Thanks for the great post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Love potato soup and this looks great!m2googee in Tomball loved it
I also love potato soup, and especially like the idea of cooking the potatoes and onions together before adding the stock...great recipe, thanks!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!