Bbq Sausage Stuffed OnionFrom victoriaregina 7 years ago
How to make it
- To prepare onions for stuffing, leave outer skin on onions and rinse. Trim root end off onions to make a flat bottom.
- Cut tops off; reserve. Hollow centers of onions, leaving two or three outer layers intact; save centers for another use.
- In a medium mixing bowl, soak bread cubes in chicken broth, turning to coat.
- When broth is completely absorbed, add sausage.
- Toss gently to mix well.
- Fill onions with equal amounts of sausage mixture.
- Place tops on onions.
- Place each onion upright in center of a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil; bring up edges and seal, leaving a little space for expansion of steam.
- Place foil onion packets upright in center of cooking grate; cook 2 hours or until very tender.
- Remove onions from foil and remove outer-most skin.
- Reserve cooking juices and serve stuffed onions with juices
The Cookvictoriaregina USA, VA
The Rating9 people
These sound & look incredible. can't wait to try them out. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it
I'm in heaven i just cant wait to try this baby out!!!asheats in BIG BEAR LAKE loved it
OMG!! this sound good....my neighbor does something like this on her grill.. your recipe sounds much easier ... thanks for the great post...betty_boop in Pine Prairie loved it